What It Is: Annual ranking of U.S. law firms, rated on prestige by some 18,000 (give or take) associates worldwide.
Why It Matters To You: In addition to revealing the changing fortunes of law firms, the Vault Law 100 shows trends in what law firm associates think of BigLaw firms.
Considerations: This survey focuses on the opinions of law firm associates—not law firm partners or clients—who may not have sufficient information to make judgments about firms prestige in the marketplace.
Created By: Vault
Key Sample Findings
- 2019 Vault Law 100: Cravath, Swaine & Moore clinched the No. 1 spot for the third year in a row.
- Interactive Ranking: Sort by practice area and geographic region.
- Overall Ranking Previous Years: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
- Antitrust: 2019
- Appellate Litigation: 2019
- Banking and Financial Services: 2019
- Clean Teach/Renewable Energy: 2019
- Emerging Companies & Venture Capital: 2019
- Energy, Oil and Gas: 2019
- Environmental Law: 2019
- General Commercial Litigation: 2019
- General Corporate Practice: 2019
- Health Care: 2019
- Intellectual Property: 2019
- International: 2019
- IP Boutiques: 2019
- Labor and Employment: 2019
- Litigation Boutiques: 2019
- M&A: 2019
- Privacy & Data Security: 2019
- Private Equity: 2019
- Products Liability: 2019
- Project Finance: 2019
- Real Estate: 2019
- Restructuring/Bankruptcy: 2019
- Securities Litigation: 2019
- Securities/Capital Markets: 2019
- Tax: 2019
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations: 2019
You May Also Be Interested In
- Best Law Firms in Each U.S. Region: Now that you know the leaders overall, see the leading firms by geographic region. (2018, 2017, for prior years simply enter the desired year at the end of the following url: http://www.vault.com/company-rankings/law/best-law-firms-in-each-us-region?sRankID=4&rYear=2017)