What It Is: This is an annual list consists of firms that investors feel are most likely to come up with the next big innovation.
Why It Matters To You: This ranking demonstrates how new players come in to shake up industries, innovate, and garner the attention of investors. Easily sortable by industry and region.
Considerations: Companies are ranked by their innovation premium: the difference between their market capitalization and the net present value of cash flows from existing businesses. To be included on the list, firms need seven years of financial data and $10 billion in market cap.
Created By: Forbes
Key Sample Findings
- 2017 Analysis: Global newcomers expand the scope of the list, while a shakeup at the top reveals growth among the usual suspects.
- Ranking: Check out the world's most innovative companies.
- Previous Years: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Methodology: Take a closer look at the innovation premium and the mechanics behind the ranking.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gallery: Take a closer look at the top ten companies in this year's ranking.