What It Is: This is a series of rankings about the world's biggest public companies.
Why It Matters To You: See how some of the world's largest public companies rank against each other. Easily sortable by industry and country.
Considerations: The ranking is developed using data in four metrics: sales, profits, assets, and market value. Previous rankings are not easily accessible.
Created By: Forbes
Key Sample Findings
- 2017 Analysis: Overall, Growth Champions, Top Multinational Performers, World's Best Employers, Top Regarded Companies
- The World's Biggest Public Companies: This ranking is based on a composite score from equally-weighted measures of revenue, profits, assets and market value.
- Top Multinational Performers: This list ranks companies by the amount of revenue generated outside a firm’s domestic market.
- Global 2000 Growth Champions: This is a list of top performers based solely on revenue growth rate.
- Global 2000 Top Regarded Companies: The companies were evaluated based on trustworthiness/honesty, social conduct, the company as an employer and the performance of the company’s product or service.
- Global 200 World's Best Employers: Employees were asked to rate their own employer and the likelihood they would recommend the company to a friend or family member. They were also asked to recommend other employers they admired.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Methodology: Take a closer look at how the numbers are crunched.