What It Is: An annual analysis of the best and worst jobs in the market.
Why It Matters To You: This report aims to provide a general snapshot of 200 careers every year, using the following key criteria: income, growth outlook, work environment and stress.
Considerations: Most data for this ranking is sourced from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, a part of the U.S. Department of Labor. Previous rankings are not easily accessible, but there is a searchable archive.
Created By: CareerCast
Key Sample Findings
- 2017 Ranking: Careers in mathematics rank highly, while careers in traditional media are facing a difficult job market.
- The Best Jobs of 2017: STEM is king, with jobs in mathematics, healthcare, and computers dominating.
- The Worst Jobs of 2017: Reporters and broadcasters head the list, while careers high in stress and danger round out the list.
- 2018 Rankings: Most Stressful Jobs, Least Stressful Jobs, Toughest Jobs to Fill
- 2017 Industry Rankings: Best Jobs in Retail, Best Jobs in IT, Best Jobs in Advertising,
- Other 2017 Rankings: Highest Paying Jobs, Most In-Demand and Fast-Growing, High Salary Growth Potential, Most Stressful Jobs, Best Jobs for Military Veterans, Least Stressful Jobs, Toughest Jobs to Fill, Best Jobs in the Gig Economy
- Archive: Check out previous rankings.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Methodology: Take a closer look at the methodology behind the rankings.